Reference Number: 590033
Compliance Services Platform System Engineer
The Services Platform System Engineer will be part of the team responsible for delivering a 100% uptime, 100% available service platform. This platform is based on CentOS and Redhat Linux systems and uses a wide range of technology including geographically diverse, real-time two way database replication and real-time filesystem replication as well as High Availability Clustering and Load Balancing.
The Risk and Compliance Service Platform Engineer will also take part in performing Proof of Concept exercises for new platform services as well as testing and staging of all systems and services.
- Administrate and exploit hosted mobile recording services platform;
- Monitor and ensure platform components and services are effectively managed according to their SLA
- Administrate system platforms related to connectivity modifications, traffic management, security and database management.
- Perform regular proactive system and network checks as well as daily maintenance operations related to backups, database optimization.
- Perform rollouts of software updates and maintenance patches into production
- Assist in Troubleshooting and problem diagnosis on system and network technologies impacting the platform – recurring incidents or software bugs
- Ensure proactive system capacity management and reporting.
- Assist “on-call” out of hours service platform monitoring and emergency maintenance in case of critical operations or service issues.
- Implement new services in production (validation, testing and delivery into production environment)
- Report activities (capacity planning, service SLA, support KPIs)
- Work closely with suppliers for support, training and reassessments
- Be willing to travel when required including potential overseas travel to Asia Pacific and USA.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Linux administration – required (CentOS Linux knowledge – advantage)
- Linux administration of large deployments – advantage
- English fluent – required
- Understanding of Agile Development processes and DevOps practices and methodologies.
- Understanding of network administration and configuration of IP and VoIP/Data networks.
- Knowledge of VoIP systems
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP
- Network Routing and protocols, NAT, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, IPSec, IPTables
- Scripting using Bash, PHP, Perl, Python
- Understanding of SQL (MySQL specific)
- VPN technologies, OpenVPN, IPSec
- Basic understanding of traditional TDM telephony system principles, back-office PBX traditional digital extensions and Cisco/Avaya VoIP solutions – advantage
- Basic/working knowledge of Windows based Voice Recording systems such as RedBox, NICE NTR, etc – advantage
- Flexibility, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to work both as part of a team and with remote teams.
- Collaborative working and willing to share knowledge and experience
- Customer focused with excellent rapport building skills – able to comfortably communicate with clients face to face, over the phone or email
- Able to assimilate and understand the principles of the relevant technology and apply that knowledge in practice.
- Willingness to adopt new skills and to share and teach their colleagues
- Ability to understand and apply new troubleshooting techniques and tools
- Understands the need to work, and act within the constraints of the Customer change control and security policy.
- Understands the need to work and act, in accordance with our internal processes and SLA criteria
- Dedication and flexibility, willing to work overtime occasionally
- Able to multi task and remain focused and calm in pressured situations
- Demonstrates initiative, resilience and able to accept responsibility.
Interested?? To find out more contact Anthony Cook TODAY!! email@example.com